at least there are cookies.


As the girl who’s got luke-warm emotions about Fall in general, I have to admit I’m somewhat of a sucker for crunchy leaves and newly naked trees. AndLetsNotForgetItsAlmostTheHolidays.

I just got lost in my vacation pictures while snuggling into a pile of blankets (I managed to jinx myself into a cold. I JUST thought to myself last week, Cool! It’s already almost beginning of November and I haven’t had a bug yet this year. . . . Touché, mother nature, touché.)

Also, this is why I stink at Pinterest, basically, I fear it will suck my life away, so I avoid it like the plague.

And, because I love to hate Pinterest so much I joined Instagram too.

Seriously.

This makes no sense, you say?
Well, I’m not a brain surgeon. I took art and dance classes. Moved back to Ohio from San Francisco. Worked in Real Estate for twenty years, logic doesn’t always play a significant role in my actions.

So, Instagram.

I'm there now.
I have no idea how to use it. I kinda suck at certain techy things. Basically, I feel like I'm being punished for following directions, then given homework. It's my 5th grade nightmare all over again.

Good times.

I see hashtagthis, hashtagthat, but I think the hashtags may have more to do with Twitter.

Which, btw Twitter, watch out, bc #youarenext.

just sayin'.

1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar 1/2 cup butter, softened 1/2 cup vegetable shortening 2 large eggs 3/4 cup pumpkin puree 2 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons cream of tartar 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 cup sugar for topping 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon for topping

Recipe: http://centercutcook.com/pumpkin-snickerdoodle-cookies/
1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar 1/2 cup butter, softened 1/2 cup vegetable shortening 2 large eggs 3/4 cup pumpkin puree 2 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons cream of tartar 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 cup sugar for topping 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon for topping

Recipe: http://centercutcook.com/pumpkin-snickerdoodle-cookies/
1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar 1/2 cup butter, softened 1/2 cup vegetable shortening 2 large eggs 3/4 cup pumpkin puree 2 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons cream of tartar 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 cup sugar for topping 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon for topping

Recipe: http://centercutcook.com/pumpkin-snickerdoodle-cookies/

pumpkin snickerdoodles
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
2 large eggs
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
2 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar for topping
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon for topping

  1. With your mixer, cream together sugar, butter and shortening. Add in eggs and mix well.
  2. In a separate large bowl, sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
  3. Combine the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until all of the ingredients are incorporated together.
  4. Stir in 3/4 cup pumpkin puree.
  5. Place the dough in the freezer to chill for about 90 minutes. If you do not chill the dough, these cookies will not turn out right.
  6. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
  7. In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup sugar with 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon.
  8. Measure 1/4 cup cookie dough and use your hands to roll into a ball. Roll the ball around in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
  9. Place the balls of cookie dough on ungreased baking sheets.
  10. Bake for about 18-20 minutes. When just the edges of the cookies start to brown, you know they are done. The middle part of each cookie is going to appear undercooked. This is what you want.
  11. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. As the cookies cool, they will lose the appearance that make them look like they are undercooked. Make sure to allow the cookies to cool completely!
  12. Store leftovers in an air-tight container.

Comments

Popular Posts